Monday, September 21, 2009

My Hawaiian Inspirations

My wonderful husband took us both on an amazing anniversary trip to Maui where we first honeymooned after we got married.  We snorkeled nearly every day and saw fish, rays, and of course sea turtles.  Bernie had the misfortune of swimming in the midst of jellyfish and got stung, but he thought it was worth it since he got to swim alongside a sea turtle all the while being in pain!

I got so inspired by the amazing beauty of the island and took pictures of gorgeous hawaiian blooms that I wouldn't be able to see back at home.  The hibiscus and plumeria are beautiful flowers and I was so happy to see them up close and study their intricate details.  I tried to make them at home, and the more I try to make them lifelike, I'm realizing that God is truly the ultimate creator.  His creation can be unmatched!

I wanted to post some of my recent projects. This is a favor box with some plumeria, gardenia and a hibiscus.   A lot of the artists that use deco clay have a lot of clients that use them for their weddings and these types of favor boxes are really popular in Hawaii.





I've also been working more on creating figures.  This is a project that I also had to complete for my class which is a young angel that's singing.  She's a little chubby and short, but hopefully I'll get better proportions as I practice more.



I've been having a lot of left over clay and didn't want to waste it so I experimented with making miniature flowers.  I think they're quite cute!



I'm currently working on a gardenia for a friend who's getting married. I thought I might make a flower hairpin since it's costs so much money to use a real one.

1 comment: