Monday, October 12, 2009

Wedding Arrangements

I've had weddings on my brain after coming back from one recently.

I made a gardenia hair pick for the bride as a gift, but I knew that it was her day and told her she did not have to wear it. However, she did! She wore it during the reception and looked absolutely beautiful. I have one decent picture of her wearing the hair flower, but it's hard to see it. They were such an amazing couple and it was such a blessing to see them get married.



After coming back from that wedding, I was more determined than ever to finish my first bridal bouquet all made of clay. I had decided to go with a yellow color palette. I had no idea how it would turn out, but I'm pretty happy with the final result. The bouquet consists of roses, peonies, poppy and stephanotis.



I also took a stab at making a corsage. That project didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but practice makes perfect. I'm going back to the drawing board and am going to start cranking out more flowers.



As I am spending each day making these, I'm learning more and more about how amazing God is to not only create all of these beautiful flowers, but that he took the time to mold and create us.  When I am thinking about each project, I have to carefully plan out which colors I want to use and which flowers I want to make.  I'm realizing how God also meticulously crafted every detail of who we are from our hair color to the unique size of our toes.

Now back to making more flowers=)

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh cat! With each project you get better and better! Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops.. that was from eddie's account.. this is alice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alice! I'm having so much fun=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so awesome... i need a special occasion to ask you to make some for me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm impressed. PROPS! miss u guys! wish you were here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could re-do my wedding so I can have you do my flowers :) Maybe a 5 or 10 year vow renewal? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers look awesome Catherine! You're doing such an amazing job...I can see this taking off for you. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete