Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Artist turned Sous Chef for a Night


I have an amazing and talented friend Chef Julie Yoon who had a cooking class at my loft in the beginning of January.  Her photographer husband Joe Yoon took some beautiful photos of that night and graciously also took some pictures of my clay flowers.

I met Julie almost a half a year ago at church and we immediately connected as friends.  She's supported me as a friend through a very difficult time and has been an incredible supporter of my art.  Recently we've decided to partner businesses and that is why I'd like to feature her in my blog today.
She had a private cooking class at my home and it was in lieu of a bachelorette party for the lucky bride.  This was actually my first time witnessing her in action so to speak and I have to say that she is an excellent teacher and chef. No detail goes unnoticed and every morsel of food just melts in your mouth.  I was her "sous chef" that night...uh...well I pretended to be =)  I walked around acting like I knew how to chop and caramelize onions and whatever else needed to be done.  Luckily she asked Janice another friend of ours to help out that night or else I would have been completely lost!

If anyone in the Orange County area wants to take a cooking class, I would highly recommend her.  Her accolades speak for themselves.  She's worked with a lot of big name chefs on the Food Network while she was living in New York and now is trying to build a name for herself out here on the west coast.

Here are some pictures that Joe took of my clay flowers that served as decor. Thanks Joe!
If you've been following my blog, you probably recognize these arrangements from my previous posts.  Hopefully, I'll be able to post some more of my recent projects soon.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Joe took some nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. Thanks for the shout out Catherine. You are so talented too. The guests kept raving about your flowers. Thanks again for opening up your loft and lending such a helpful hand!
    -julie

    ReplyDelete