Thursday, February 11, 2010

Flowers, Paintings and More!

These days my studio has been incredibly busy with me working on my final projects before I can finally be certified to teach Deco Clay! I can't believe how far I've come these past couple of months and how much I've grown in this art form. Some people think I'm crazy to spend time actually hand crafting each flower petal by petal to create an arrangement. It is something that takes a lot of patience and attention to detail, but I absolutely love it. I'll probably do a future post on the actual process of creating each flower.
My most recent project that I'm working on is a tall vase arrangement. Most of my arrangements have been pretty small so this will be the most challenging project yet and time consuming. I've decided to incorporate peonies, different color roses and hydrangeas. I've completed the flowers, but they have yet to be painted and attached to clay stems.

Almost every detail is made of clay including the stems which surprises a lot of people. I spent most of yesterday rolling them out one right after the other.


I also wanted to post some of my previous projects that I had worked on. One of the projects was a wreath that I had to create completely out of clay flowers. I had a lot of leftover from previous projects that didn't turn out quite well and decided to use them for this project since the actual flowers weren't the focal point. Around 50-60 flowers were used for this...crazy...I know!
Also, most recently, we celebrated my mother in law's 60th birthday and Bernie and I decided to give her thoughtful gifts that we created ourselves. My mother in law is actually an accomplished artist herself and she does beautiful watercolor paintings. I of course made her a clay floral arrangement and Bernie painted a portrait that turned out really well.


Bernie is an extremely talented artist and there's so much that I'm learning from him. He actually whipped up this painting in one night after work!

4 comments:

  1. my goodness.. i am in awe of your awesome gifts (your creativity, artistic ability and talent). one day i will by some flowers from you so they can last me forver and does bernie want to ever paint someone else.. like a cute kid?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Juna! One of my friends invited me showcase my work at her event in March. You should come out =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. speechless....
    i love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what day in march. i would love to see the flowers in person.. and of course see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete